The formation of an Advisory Board for the Alaska Ocean Cluster is an important step as AOC staff work to establish priorities and goals for the organization. The Advisory Board provides guidance on the formation and structure of the organization through strategic planning will convene on a semi-annual basis until such time as a Board of Directors is established.
The Alaska Ocean Cluster is advised by an extraordinary group of Alaskans. The first meeting of the Advisory Board was held in January 2019. At this meeting, the Purpose and Values were set for AOC.
- Shannon Carroll, Trident Seafoods
- Jared Fuller, Saltwater, Inc.
- Karen Gillis, Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association
- Ky Holland, UAF Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization
- Brian Holst, Juneau Economic Development Council
- Steve Ivanoff, Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association
- Jeff Kauffman, St. Paul Fishing Company/Central Bering Sea Fishermen’s Association
- Tomi Marsh, Seaweed Farmer
- Dr. Rachael Miller, Alaska Pacific University
- Dr. Bradley Moran, UAF College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
- Beau Perry, Blue Evolution
- Patrick Simpson, PKS Consulting
- Christy Terry, Alaska Railroad Corporation
- Deborah Vo, participating on behalf of Senator Lisa Murkowski (ex officio – pending approval)